- For cooking noodles
- 150-200 gm plain/ whole wheat/ flat/ buckwheat noodles
- 6 cups of water
- ½ tsp oil
- ¾ cup thinly sliced carrots
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced french beans
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup thinly sliced capsicum (bell pepper) - green /yellow /red
- 1 tspfinely chopped ginger
- 1 tspfinely chopped garlic
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp regular vinegar
- 2.5 to 3 tbsp of any oil
- Salt as required, add in moderation as soy sauce already has a lot of salt
- Bring 6 cups of water to boil. Add the noodles, no need to break them. Cook the noodles. Different types of noodles require different cooking time. So prepare noodles according to the package instructions.
- Drain the cooked noodles in a colander. Rinse the noodles in running water very well. This method stops the cooking process.
- Add ½ tsp oil to the noodles. Toss them well, so that the oil gets coated evenly on the noodles. This method gets rid of stickiness from the noodles. Cover and keep the noodlesaside.
- When the noodles are cooking, • you can chop & grate the veggies (carrots, beans, onion, capsicum, bell pepper) • Heat oil in a wok and fry Handi Manchurian and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan or wok. On medium heat, first sauté ginger and garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onions. Sauté for a minute.
- Add finely chopped french beans, grated carrots and bell pepper. Stir and increase the flameto a high. Stir fry everything on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce.
- Season with black pepper and salt.
- Add the cooked noodles. Mix and quickly toss the noodles with the stir fried veggies.
- Lastly add vinegar and give a final mix to the noodles. Switch off the flame.
- Serve stir fry noodles steaming hot in serving bowls. Add Handi Manchurian to the noodles.